Yes. I will be waking up at 5:00 in the morning. I have to get showered, dressed, breakfasted, lunch packed, and bus-boarded for 6:30. Tomorrow starts our training, preparations for teaching on the 14th.
It was a long day, including a long drive and losing an hour going east. I am getting ready to get in my bed and hopefully sleep off a minor sore throat. No big deal, just can't be sick tomorrow at all.
I got a message from an old friend today, who committed to pray for me for the next two years. I haven't seen her since high school. She reminded me of the importance of putting on the Armor of God every morning. Not just before I go to bed tonight to last me through Institute in Atlanta. Not for this week. But every morning. God meets me and pours his grace out new every morning, so why shouldn't I embrace him and seek his strength and protection every morning? What a beautiful reminder from a beautiful woman of God.
We won't have kids for another week, so stories about actual in class experiences are still forthcoming. But I figure to keep you all updated on my frame of mind, my focus, and my needs. I need prayer that this sore throat goes away. I need prayer for my summer school students. I need prayer for strength and wisdom, which only the Lord can provide. Solomon only asked for wisdom to lead, and because he knew what to ask for, the Lord gave him everything (2 Chronicles 1:8-12... read this dialogue. How beautiful and compelling.) I ask the Lord for wisdom to lead, that my students might have everything. Mostly, I ask the Lord for the opportunities to daily love my kids for who they are, that they may see Christ and not me.
NOW TO BED!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment