So I am happy to say that after a very productive interview on Sunday, I have an offer for a job- contingent-ially. Contingent on federal funding for the group that I got the offer from. They're waiting to find out if they get federal funding earmarked for charters which are doing complete transformations, which means taking over a whole school all at one time. I would be co-teaching 7th and 8th grade math with a more experienced teacher. I would have the opportunity to make a very good living wage. I would have the opportunity to learn under someone's wing. Later on, if I wanted, it could lead to advancement in the field.
More than that, I would have the opportunity to make a difference.
This organization is taking over two of the lowest performing schools in all of the RSD in New Orleans. They're going to restructure the whole thing, and the kids are going to reap the benefits. Students and their parents will be able to decide that if they want access to a school which positions their kids for success, they'll be able to enroll. They won't have to pay tuition for a private school, they don't have to move, they can find great public schools in their back yard. The education system in America is ripe for change, and New Orleans is actually on the front end of the movement.
I know that the Lord has prepared me for this. He has brought me here, and he's going to bring me to the other end of this experience as well. I can't wait for the in-between.
The person who interviewed me described himself as "cautiously optimistic" that the group will get their federal funding, thus enabling them to hire me in actuality. I am "openly optimistic" that this means my job hunt is over, and over without too much of a fuss or too much waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment