Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sick

I feel sick. Not only does my throat hurt and my whole body is tired, but I feel sick to my stomach. Every time I think about going back to school tomorrow, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I dread it. It sucks that it hasn't been what I hoped, but lets put it that way. There are a lot of days between now and Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I ask that you would pray for me, that I am able to sustain the torrid pace until Thanksgiving. This has easily been the hardest time of my life; I haven't led a very tough life.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Mr. Manuel. You were such an inspiration to me this summer and knowing that I get to be a member of Teach for America at the same time as you helps me to get up in the morning and go to school. My mom keeps telling me its all about sticking with it. Even when you think you aren't getting through, you probably are in some small way. Just never give in to the temptation to give up. You are an amazing person and I know that you are changing the lives of your students even if you don't see it. I'm sending you both a virtual hug and a pat on the back. I miss your enthusiasm every day in the hallway of Brown Middle. Reach back and remember that feeling and hopefully it will sustain you over that big 10 week stretch. But also promise me that you will take a break for yourself. You have no idea how much those nights relaxing with my husband in the middle of the week give back to me so that I can be sane the next day.

    ReplyDelete